1. What data do we collect?
'Personal data’ is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you. The information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, company name, address, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
2. How do we collect your data?
You directly provide BAOBAB Inc. with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
3. How will we use your data?
BAOBAB Inc. collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
BAOBAB Inc. would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop BAOBAB Inc. from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us through our contact form.
5. What are your data protection rights?
BAOBAB Inc. would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request BAOBAB Inc. for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that BAOBAB Inc. correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request BAOBAB Inc. to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that BAOBAB Inc. erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that BAOBAB Inc. restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to BAOBAB Inc.’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that BAOBAB Inc. transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us through our contact form.
6. What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Understanding how you use our website
8. What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – BAOBAB Inc. uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – BAOBAB Inc. uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. BAOBAB Inc. sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
- Analytics - When you visit our website; on our website we allow Google Analytics from Google Inc to place cookies on your computer. Logs the details about the visitor’s computer and browser using Google Analytics Tracking Code.
9. How to manage your cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
10. Privacy policies of other websites
12. How to contact us
13. How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that BAOBAB Inc. has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may submit a complaint to your local data supervisory authority.
Last Modified: 22 June, 2022